PAPIs '17 — Boston, October 24-25, 2017
Sponsorship agreement between Sponsor and
- SCOP à Responsabilité Limitée à capital variable
- Incorporation number (Bordeaux, France): Siret 48237148100029 – APE 7022Z
- Address : 1 avenue de la Libération, 33310 Lormont, France
- Represented by Mrs Karine LABAT PAPIN, Gérante
- Delegates the execution to Dr Louis DORARD, PAPIs.io General Chair, Member of the Coop’Alpha cooperative
Article 1. Purpose of Agreement
The purpose of this Agreement is to set the technical, commercial, operational and financial conditions under which the Sponsor will benefit from its participation in the PAPIs '17 conference (papis.io/2017) held on October 24-25, 2017 at the Microsoft NERD Center in Cambridge, USA (“Conference”) and organized by Louis Dorard (“Organizer”), as a Sponsor of chosen Category (Silver or Gold).
Article 2. Obligations
- Sponsor shall fill in the form at https://papisdotio.wufoo.eu/forms/z1enm9yb013ghs4/ (“Form”)
- Organizer shall send invoice after receipt of the Form and payment.
- Organizer shall start providing benefits, according to best practices and in the best way possible.
- Sponsor shall send a list of persons to whom he wishes to assign his complimentary registrations, to email@example.com.
- Conference will take place from October 24, 2017 at 9am to October 25, 2017 at 3.30pm Eastern Time, at which point this Agreement will be deemed to be fully completed.
The Sponsor must:
- Provide the Organizer with any information or document contributing to carrying out the present Agreement.
- Provide all required information (including logo) via Form and send full payment no later than 2 weeks before Conference begins, for benefits to be provided.
- Communicate to firstname.lastname@example.org the first and last names and email addresses of persons to whom he wishes to assign its complimentary registrations, no later than 2 weeks before Conference begins.
- If applicable:
- Arrive at the venue half an hour before Conference begins on first day of participation, in order to set up exhibitor space; vacate this space half an hour after Conference ends on the last day of participation.
- Bring own rollup banner(s), brochures and equipment to his exhibitor space.
In case Sponsor does not fulfill these obligations, Organizer shall not be held responsible for delivery of the expected results.
Article 3. Terms of Payment
Payment shall be made by credit card on the Form. (Please email email@example.com to request to pay for Gold sponsorship via bank transfer.)
- An invoice will be sent in Euros and it will specify the corresponding amount in US Dollars in the payment conditions. The amount in Euros will be determined from the exchange rate given by xe.com at the time of creation of the invoice.
- All invoices should be paid prior to arrival in the exhibition. We will not allow build-up if a balance is outstanding.
Article 4. Insurance
Sponsor is required to take out appropriate insurance. Organizer is not liable for any losses that Sponsor experiences as part of its participation in the Conference.
Article 5. Alterations
Any alteration to the present Agreement shall be formalized in an amendment. No amendments to this Agreement shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by authorized representatives of the parties.
Article 6. References
Sponsor accepts that Organizer includes the work done as part of this Agreement among his references.
Article 7. Confidentiality
The terms and conditions of this Agreement shall not be disclosed to any third parties without the prior written consent of both parties, as well as any information exchanged within the context of this sponsorship, including in particular any methods, tools and know-how.
These confidentiality terms shall be in effect for three years after conclusion of this Agreement or termination under any other circumstances.
Article 8. Force majeure
Neither party shall be responsible to the other for failure to perform any of the obligations imposed by this Agreement, provided such failure shall be occasioned by fire, flood, explosion, lightning, windstorm, earthquake, subsidence of soil, failure or destruction, in whole or in part, of machinery or equipment or failure of supply of materials, discontinuity in the supply of power, governmental interference, civil commotion, riot, war, strikes, labor disturbance, transportation difficulties, labor shortage or any cause beyond the reasonable control of the party.
Article 9. Governing law
This Agreement is governed by French law.
In the event any dispute arises in connection with this Agreement between both parties and is to be resolved through court proceedings, the parties consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the Tribunal de Commerce de Bordeaux, France.
Appendix: Sponsorship Benefits
Please note that Sponsorship opportunities are in limited number and therefore are subject to availability.
|Sponsorship||Tier||Availability||Visibility||Comp. tickets||Booth||Speaking Slot|
- Speaking slot:
- Keynote: 20' presentation in plenary session
- Talk: 20' presentation in one of the 2 parallel tracks
- Mentions in announcements
- Email: inclusion of a paragraph of up to 400 characters presenting Sponsor, in an email sent to Conference attendees less than a week before Conference takes place. Paragraph is provided by Sponsor and may be edited by Organizer.
- Twitter: publication of a tweet from @papisdotio mentioning Sponsor’s brand name (or Twitter account if specified) and written by Organizer.
- Logo recognition on Conference website (with link to Sponsor website) and on rollup banners in Conference breakout area
- Logo recognition on stage: logo on rollup banners placed on stage and logo displayed on main screen in between presentations
- Insert in conference packet: flyer (provided by Sponsor) given to attendees along with Conference paper schedule and badge upon registration
- Opportunity to provide swag on shared table next to registration desk (subject to approval)
- Exhibitor Space:
- Regular: 1 table; Large and Premium: 2 tables
- 2 chairs are provided per table
- A maximum of 2 rollup banners is allowed for Gold sponsors, and 1 for Silver sponsors. Rollup banners are provided by sponsors. Their dimensions should be at most 2m high x 1.5m wide.
Not included in sponsorship benefits nor in this agreement:
- Any changes to the information provided by Sponsor or any edits on text mentioning Sponsor.
- Reassignment of complimentary registrations less than 2 weeks before beginning of Conference.
- Additional registrations to the Conference. These will have to be bought from the Conference website at the usual rate and under the condition that registration is still available.
- Any information regarding Conference attendees.
- Design and printing of any documents or visual supports other than those that will also feature the logos of other sponsors of the same Category.
- Rental of exhibitor space outside of specified period.
- Installation or uninstallation of any elements outside of provided tables and chairs on exhibitor space.
- Speaking slot: any equipment (outside of microphone and projector); any overtime (beyond duration of allocated slot); any changes to the presentation information (description and speaker) less than 4 weeks before beginning of Conference.
The amounts below are tax-free. Early-stage startups of less than 2 years who have raised less than $1M in funding can get a discount of 50% on the amounts below (limited availability). Startups of less than 4 years who have raised less than $25M in funding can get a discount of 30% on the amounts below (limited availability).
- Gold sponsorship: 10,000 USD
- Silver sponsorship: 5,000 USD